1. How will the restaurant operate in relation to social distancing measures?
The health and safety of our guests and staff is always our number one priority and we have therefore introduced social distancing measures which you’ll see in place when you visit.
The sort of changes you may experience include:
- It’ll be noticeably quieter because of lower capacity limits, with fewer tables available in the restaurant and stationed at least 2m apart
- Pre-booking your table for both breakfast and dinner will be essential
- You can do this via the Bookatable link you will receive in your email 7 days before your visit. Alternatively, you can do this from your in-room phone - however it is advised you do this in advance
- Potentially longer service times due to additional processes in place for your safety
- You will also see our new hygiene and safety measures in place, including and not limited to, hygiene screens, hand sanitiser being readily available, enhanced cleaning and our staff looking a little different wearing face masks and disposable gloves to protect you and themselves.
- Mobile ordering will be available in our Zafari Bar & Grill, as well as Temple Bar for drinks and food/snacks where sold.
- We also will be offering our Zafari Grill menu for in-room dining, available for collection from the restaurant. Orders can be placed from the comfort of your room via mobile ordering.
2. Will bar areas be open?
Our Zafari Bar will only be available for table service for diners in the Zafari Grill. Our Temple Bar will also be open for you to enjoy a drink in the evening.
We will also be offering drink options (collection only from the bar) for you to enjoy in your room via mobile ordering.
Please note social distancing measures will be in place, please follow signage instructions and keep a safe 2m distance from other groups at all times.
3. Guests cannot book via bookatable.com, will they be guaranteed a table on arrival?
We have introduced strict capacity limits in our restaurant to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit. As such, there will be fewer tables available and all tables must be pre-booked in advance. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment. All restaurants are currently for hotel guests only.
You will be able to book both restaurants via Bookatable as normal using the bookatable link found in the email you will receive prior to your arrival, alternatively, this can be booked on arrival via your in-room phone.
Alternatively, we will also be offering our Zafari Grill menu for in-room dining, available for collection from the restaurant. Orders can be placed from the comfort of your room, via mobile ordering.
1. Will check-in and out times be different?
There will be no change to our usual check-in and out times.Room keys will be available from 3pm on the day of your arrival. If your hotel stay was booked through Chessington Holidays, please check in online before your visit. If your stay was booked through anywhere else (ie. Booking.com), we will contact you to check in. Room keys will be available for collection from 3pm on the date of your arrival from the front of the hotel where you will also be temperature checked before entering. When collecting room keys, we ask all guests to keep a safe distance from others following the clear markers or signs.
Check-out is at 10am on the date of your departure, at which point all you’ll need to do is drop your room key in the letterbox in either our Safari Hotel or Azteca Hotel lobby.
2. What cleaning measures have you got happening in the hotel/ room?
The health and safety of our guests and staff is always our number one priority and we have therefore introduced a number of additional hygiene and safety measures which you’ll see in place when you visit across the Theme Park, Zoo and Resort Hotels.
Rooms are also cleaned after every stay, with any points touched during a room inspection after cleaning, disinfected.
Unnecessary furnishings will also be removed for example cushions and throws, with any china replaced with disposable alternatives and any unused disposable milk and drinks sachets will be thrown away after each guest stay.
3. Will housekeeping enter my room throughout my stay to do extra cleaning?
Housekeeping will not enter your room during your stay, even if you are staying for more than one night. This is to limit the number of staff entering Hotel rooms. Consequently, any non-essential maintenance required in Hotel rooms will only be completed after each guest stay.
4. Will room service be available if I do not want to sit in the restaurants?
We will be offering our Zafari Grill menu for in-room dining, available for collection from the restaurant. Orders can be placed from the comfort of your room, via mobile ordering.
5. Will entertainment be running in the evening?
Due to current government guidelines, unfortunately we won't be able to run our Rangers Club, however our Kids Movie Club is available daily. We will constantly review this and will reintroduce this when possible.
6. Will I need to wear a mask when within the hotel (including children) around the hotel?
You will have your temperature checked on arrival and we recommend that you bring and wear a suitable face mask/covering on your visit.
It is mandatory* to wear a securely fitted face mask on rides; Vampire, KOBRA, Scorpion Express, Tuk Tuk Turmoil, The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure & Tomb Blaster as well as public areas of the Resort Hotels (excluding restaurants and bar areas), SEA LIFE, all gift shops and arcades, the photo collection point, Guest Help and Information, First Aid and selected food and beverage outlets.
*Except for children under 11 or people with certain health conditions and/or disabilities.
7. How many people will be in the hotel at once?
The health and safety of our guests and our staff is our number one priority. In order to comply with government regulations and Merlin Health & Safety standards, we have introduced strict capacity limits to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit.
Swimming Pool Questions
1. How are the swimming pools going to be operating?
Pre-booking essential. To book your one hour time slot call 01372 734 681 or dial *4 from your in-room phone.
Please note to open in line with government guidelines the swimming pool will be limited to 20 guests per hour on a strict capacity. All guests will be required to arrive at the facilities beach ready (swimwear already worn) as there is no changing, locker or shower facilities available.
All guests will get 45 minutes access to the Savannah Splash Pool and 15 minutes changeover time.
We suggest you bring your own towels if you wish to use the pool, although towels can also be hired from the Leisure Club Reception for £2 each, a percentage of which is donated to the Chessington Conservation Fund.
All guests must follow our Pool Supervision requirements which are available at the Leisure Club or you may be asked to leave.
When using the pool, those under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or above and they must remain in the water with the child at all times.
1. If my temperature is above 37.8 °C will you let me stay in the hotel? If not will I get a refund?
All guests and employees will be asked to undertake a non-contact temperature check as a condition of entry to the attraction and accommodation. Any person displaying a temperature above 37.8°C will be asked to return to their car to cool down and return 30 minutes later to be rechecked. If they fail a second time they will be unable to gain entry and offered the opportunity to move their stay to another date within 12 months of their original visit date.
2. If my temperature is above 37.8 °C will my park tickets be re-validated?
If you arrive at our Resort Hotels and your temperature is shown to be above 37.8 °C then your Resort tickets will be revalidated to visit on another date within 12 months. A member of the team will be in contact with you within a week of your original visit date to rearrange this for you.
1. I'm staying in a room with people from different household will you let me amend?
If you have booked to stay in a room with people from a different household and wish to amend your booking the standard terms and conditions will apply.